Sunday, May 12, 2013

Words for Everyone


(Click on the image to read it clearly) 

I don't know where 'meggiewhipp' got this from, but it is just the sentiment I need to share with the adolescent teenagers I teach. Everyone is important. Absolutely. But we ourselves are not more important than anyone else. It's a hard lesson to learn, one I think many people learn too late. 

I especially like Principal John Tapene's words, "The world does not owe you a living, you owe the world something. You owe it your time, energy, and talent so that no one will be at war, in sickness or lonely again... Develop a backbone not a wishbone."

So pertinent. So true. I'm going to have to take this on board I think. I've always believed that the best way to help yourself is to help others. The Bible even teaches that there is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving. I believe that, I truly do. So, go and help someone today. Be more of the person the you are and give. Not just 'someday', but now. 

"Someday is now and that somebody is you."