Saturday, February 18, 2012

Chamomile Assistance



I was flicking through a beginner's guide to aromatherapy I bought for 99c at a local thrift shop and I stumbled across Chamomile. It's actually indigenous to Britain. Apparently it's been used in the past for its cooling effects on fevers and also as popular shampoo. Well there you go. It's also great for gastro-intestinal problems, the book goes on, and can ease muscular pain and brings relief to those suffering with varicose veins. It can be used to alleviate acne, psoriasis, and cold sores. Bet you didn't know that. In fact, it suggests growing your own and drying the flower heads to make tea. And my friend Leah was reading a book called De-Stress and told me I should put cooled down infused tea bags on my eyes to relieve them too. I'm now on a search for the very chilled-out chamomile plant for an addition to my herb and vegie garden. If you find one, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment