Thursday, October 21, 2010

Teevee Taught


Recently I've been looking into a film comparison of the original and the Tim Burton remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and I've been looking at it from the angle of a horror film rather than a children's movie. It's creepy. Really creepy. In the first movie you never see the children or their guardians again after they are sucked, dragged, zapped and poked into dangerous machinery and/or incinerators. Fun.

And with my intense viewing of the movies I have come to my overall favourite. Mike Teevee. He is rude, obnoxious, brilliantly clever and just a little bit plastic. Go and watch the more recent version of the movie and pay special attention to the words in the song that is enthusiastically performed by oompa-loompas. It's cutting. Chop chop.

No comments:

Post a Comment