Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Great Cover Up





I just finished a great book by Meg Rossof entitled 'The Way I live Now'. Not for the timid reader but has some great themes and images. But as always is the case when you finish reading one great book you instantly feel the need to fill the literary void with another tome. But what? I've gone back to an old favourite of mine.

Perhaps it is the most perfect novel ever written. Perhaps it is the epitome of fiction. Perhaps not. But I've dived into it like a tipsy party guest into a swimming pool and I'm loving it.

After starting to read the aforementioned gem I pondered over the book's cover; plain, orange, striped, a little text. Not very ornate yet simplicity is always underrated. So i got to thinking about other covers of the same book. How did other people package and market the book? Then I stumbled across something fantastic: Cover Browser.

Click here and type in a famous book title and see what ways your favourite book was covered. Fun fun. Happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link Nate - this would be great for English/ESL classes! ;) x

    ReplyDelete