Monday, November 29, 2010

Zdra-stvu-eetee


This is a special shout out to the 55 hits from Russia this blog has had. I really don't know a whole lot about Russia other than its violent, revolutionary, luxurious past. I do know, however, that I'm more than delighted to have Russian people visiting my blog. Thus I've gone out of my way to find out some interesting facts about Russia. Enjoy.

It is by far the largest country in the world.

It has approximately 144,900,000 people living in it.

It's highest mountain is Mt. Elbrus standing tall at 5,633m.

Russia Day, a national holiday, is held on June 12th.

Russia's official name is The Russian Federation since 1991 when the Soviet Union split into 15 separate geo-political parts.

Well, now we can get along a lot better. And next time someone brings up the topic of Russia (The Russian Federation) over cocktails at a garden party you'll have plenty to say. Dasvidania! (Good-bye!)


No comments:

Post a Comment