Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Inflate-A-Face


The other night I was out with friends at an all you can eat gourmet buffet (it was delicious) and I happened upon the strawberry ice-cream in the dessert section. It was not only yummy but it was also filled with egg white, something that gives me anaphylaxis.

Now, I'm not a shy person, but there is something about swelling up like a jumping castle that makes me a little embarrassed. It was awful. My eye swelled up as if someone had punched me, my lip went fat, and my general countenance was none-too-flattering. My friends rushed me off to the hospital only a short drive away (made shorter by my friend's James Bond-esque driving skills), and I was fine after several adrenalin injections and a score of other in-vitro fluids.

Yes, one fun night. But I thought I'd let everyone know that before I'd projectile vomited most of my dinner up I had a really nice meal and I'm sure you would to. It's down in the South East of Melbourne at a place called The Lynbroook Hotel. It's about $25 for unlimited food (good, tasty food) and beer was about $3 or $4. Yes please.

No comments:

Post a Comment